原创翻译:龙腾网 //www.nppwx.tw 翻译:卡思 转载请注明出处

New Zealanders hand in 50,000 guns after assault weapon ban

攻击性武器禁令启动后,新西兰人上交了5万支枪



WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) — New Zealand authorities said Saturday their country will be a safer place after owners handed in more than 50,000 guns during a buyback program following a ban on assault weapons. But critics say the process was flawed and many owners have illegally stashed their firearms.

新西兰惠灵顿(美联社)— 周六,新西兰当局表示,在禁止攻击性武器后实施的回购计划中,这类武器的拥有者上交了5万多支枪支,今后他们的国家将变成一个更安全的地方。但批评人士表示,这一过程存在缺陷,许多持枪者会非法藏匿枪支。



Police Deputy Commissioner Mike Clement thanked gun owners for doing the right thing. He acknowledged in a statement it had been “a difficult process for some people.”

警察局副局长Mike Clement特感谢持枪者们做了正确的事情。他在一份声明中承认,“这对一些人来说是一个艰难的过程”

Both Nash and Clement said the country was now safer than it had been before the March attacks.

警方都表示,现在的新西兰比3月份被袭击前更加安全了。

But Nicole McKee, a spokeswoman for the advocacy group Council of Licensed Firearms Owners, said owners had kept about two-thirds of the banned weapons because they had lost faith in the government and hadn''''t been offered adequate compensation.

但持枪者权益组织理事会发言人Nicole McKee表示,实际上持枪者保留了约三分之二的违禁武器,因为他们对政府失去了信心,也没有得到足够的补偿。



投票

Is Washington doing enough about gun control?

华盛顿在枪支管制方面做得够好了吗?

是的 Yes 54%
不够 No 42%
不确定 Undecided 4%